The site reps are the life blood of our organization. Without their communication, time, and energy, the general membership will not be kept in the loop. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to TEA!
TEA Rep Council
VI. Policy-Making Body
A. The policy-making body of TEA shall be a Representative Council. The Representative Council, comprised of active members of the Association, derives its powers from, and shall be responsible to, the active membership.
B. The Representative Council shall be composed of the following Active voting members:
1. Executive Board, who shall be ex-officio;
2. Association Representatives, elected on the basis of one-person, one-vote, by the members at each site.
3. Additional representatives, at the Association’s discretion.
C. The Representative Council shall:
1. Establish TEA policies and objectives;
2. Adopt the annual TEA budget on or before the first meeting of the school year;
3. Approve the establishment or discontinuance of committees recommended by the Executive Board; and the N.E.A., C.T.A, T.E.A.
4. Establish the dues of TEA.
D. The Representative Council shall meet at least once during each school month, which may include a General Membership meeting. The number, place, and time of the meetings shall be decided by the Executive Board.
E. Special meetings of the Representative Council may be called by the President, the Executive Board, or by the petition of twenty percent (20%) of the membership. Special meetings of the Representative Council shall be called for a specific purpose and no business other than that for which the meeting is called may be transacted.
F. Notices and agendas for all meetings of the Representative Council shall be sent to all members of the Representative Council at least two (2) days prior to the date of the meeting.
G. For emergency meetings of the Representative Council during crisis situations, the Executive Board shall adopt procedures to notify representatives of meeting dates, places, and times.
H. A quorum for Rep Council meetings of the Association shall consist of 50% plus 1 of all voting members of the Representative Council.
I. Members of the Representative Council shall serve terms of two (2) years.